Sunday, August 27, 2017

Dracula's America - First campaign games

Friday evening my friend Michael and I played two games of Dracula's America in the campaign mode style.

I chose the Dark Confederacy and Michael the Crossroads Cult. Unlike our first test game this featured fully painted minis. In the campaign mode, each posse starts with a Veteran boss and 5 Novice gunslingers, these must be equipped with weapons and for that purpose you have $22. Only two of your posse can be armed with rifles, carbines, shotguns etc., but you can have as many pistols as you want.

Both games were a lot of fun with so much action that I find it impossible to give a report on it. The second game was so intense and swung back and forth that I forgot to take pictures from that game.
After the games we found out we had made a few mistakes, especially with the Revenants from the Dark Confederacy. So the next time we play we will start from scratch again.

This game comes very highly recommended. It runs very smoothly, there are numerous tactical things to consider all the time and the campaign system is the best we have tried.

Here are pictures from our first game.

Friday, August 11, 2017

Dracula's America - Frontier Town board

Wednesday evening I finished all of the small scatter terrain that I had specifically bought for Dracula's America - this included horses, lots of baggage from Great Escape Games and a plastic set from IMEX called SouthWest Alamo Accessories Scenery Set (cacti and a lot of small bits and pieces.

Everything being ready, I set up a 4x4 table with all the terrain I had.

I am very pleased with the final result. I don't think I have every set up a table with more hiding places than this - which should help give a good game.

But pictures speak louder than words, so here you go.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Dracula's America - Buildings done

With the buildings for my Dracula's America board finished I started the painting of them and adding a few finishing touches.

The older buildings were given a few dry brushes to make them appear more worn, and to make them fit better with the new ones.

The really is nothing to the painting except gradually building up the highlight with 3-4 dry brushing layers.

The Livery Stables and the Blacksmith is of course without floor, so I went for a sandy base and added some cut off doormat hairs for hay and straw. For both buildings I also added some small boxes for the horses to be placed.

The Saloon and the Hotel I asked my fiancee for help. She does all sorts of paper hobby work in the evening, when I am working on terrain or painting. This means she has a huge number of different papers with all kinds of patterns on. So with her help I selected to sets, cut them in the sizes needed and glued them onto the inside walls. The effect is great.

All the building signs are card board cut-outs that my fiancee once again provided and they look so much better than what I can paint in free hand.

Anyway here is a large number of photos I took yesterday, so you can judge for yourself.

Next up is a large number of small scatter terrain - cacti, crates, boxes etc.