Monday, July 8, 2013

Empire of the Dead - Faction sheet

Tomorrow I will hopefully have my first full game of Empire of the Dead. Having read through the rules twice  I believe I have a firm grasp on them and can't wait to see them in action.

I have also looked into what factions I have minis for, so that I'm prepared for tomorrow's game. A gentleman's club, gentleman's club (Wolfen Jaeger afflilation) and Supernatural Branch (don't have the rules for that one, but can always function as another gentleman's club).

Afterwards I sat down and tried and make up the different crews, using a piece of paper to jot down the different cost of members and their equipment. That got me thinking though that for my friend it would not be that user-friendly. So how could I make it easier for him to have an overview of his crew members and their stats? One of the things that I liked about Malifaux were the small stat cards you would get with each miniature. It made it easy to get an overview of each model. Now if I could make something along those lines, it should be able to give a better overview of ones crew.

So I sat down and using Photoshop and the excellent Scribus programs I came up with this sheet. The logo I have used is the from Westwind Productions and they hold all the rights for it. Should anyone from Westwind Production not want me to use the logo in this way, I will immediately remove it from the sheet.


Download it here via GoogleDocs

I added small boxes so that it is easy to add any skills/arcane powers gained and notes if a character becomes unhinged, injured etc.

I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out. In the past I have almost always redone character sheets for the different rpgs that I have played so this only took me around 45 minutes to do. The amount of information on the sheet is nothing compared to a rpg character sheet, which normally takes me many hours to get right.

That's it for now, I hope I'll get to play tomorrow evening. If so I'll put up a battle report on here.

Please leave comments and critique if you like.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job would be great laminated so could wipe/adjust stats etc

    ReplyDelete